- We are a generation of men raised by women, I wonder if another woman is what we need
- This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time
- After fighting everything else in your life has the volume turned down.You could deal with anything.
- How much can you possibly know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?
- It's only after we've lost everything that we are free to do anything
- Self-improvement is masturbation, now self destruction...
- We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them
- Only after disaster can we be resurrected
- Cut the foreplay and just ask
|Self-improvement is masturbation, now self destruction...|
This quote is interesting. We are always trying to improve ourselves, which is of course good, at least in my opinion. But Tyler thinks different. Tyler thinks we are all idiots for constantly worrying about how we look, what other people think and how to get better. Sometimes I agree with this, sometimes I'm also fed up with all the bullshit and just want to "let go" and "be", enjoy the moment. I've started reading Eckart Tolle's book, the Power of Now. Pretty interesting. Tolle says that our mind is possessing us, and that we are all sick, that we all have a disease of "thinking" all the time. We're never in the moment, always past or future. I'll tell you more about it once I read the entire book, just read a few pages for now. But it is interesting, like try "thinking" about nothing for 5 minutes. Just 5 minutes, almost impossible. Try not having ANY thoughts in your head, just no-mind, empty head. It's really hard :) !
So, self destruction? I sometimes have this urge to destruct myself. Really, like do nothing in life, just chill and "let the chips fall where they may". Actually this state of mind is pretty liberating.